This article explains the requirements and steps to take to set up a UPS Access Point Carrier and how to obtain and add credentials so ShipperHQ can pull live rates.
Create the Carrier
UPS SurePost will need to be turned on manually by ShipperHQ. If you want to add UPS SurePost as a carrier, you should call ShipperHQ at 512-215-4900 or email into firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make the carrier visible.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “UPS SurePost”)
- Select “Small Package” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “UPS SurePost” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
- You need to contact your UPS representative to ensure you have UPS SurePost added to your account.
- You will then need to register or sign in with your UPS credentials.
Adding Credentials into ShipperHQ
You have already created the UPS SurePost carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to get back and add the credentials.
- Enter your UPS Credentials by selecting the “Register Credentials Now” button.
- Under “Customer Classification Code” you should select which type of rates you will be using with this carrier.
- “Validate Credentials against Carrier” should be checked.