This article explains the requirements and steps to take to set up a UPS Access Point® carrier and how to obtain and add credentials so ShipperHQ can pull live rates.
If you want further information on UPS Access Point® carrier and the display options available, we have put together a helpful summary.
Create the Carrier
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “UPS Access Point”)
- Select “Small Package” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “UPS Access Point” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
- You need a UPS shipping account to use the service.
- You will then need to register or sign in with your UPS Credentials.
Adding Credentials into ShipperHQ
You have already created the UPS Access Point carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Enter your UPS Credentials by selecting the “Register Credentials Now” button
- The “Origin of Shipment” select should be set to the correct country shipments will be made from
- Under “Customer Classification Code” you should select which type of rates you will be using with this carrier.
- “Validate Credentials against Carrier” should be checked.
- After validating your currency matches with the what you have set up for your UPS account then you should be able to validate and get Access Point to show with Shipperhq:
Filtering Pick Up Locations
UPS Access Point® service allows you, the merchant, to limit which type of location is offered as a potential delivery location. For example, you can limit options to only those locations that can accept restricted goods e.g. wine. You can also limit locations based on the business type.
These options are available on the Access Point Settings tab of your UPS Access Point® carrier.