This document will outline how you can obtain your Australia Post Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your Australia Post Account.
Create an Australia Post Carrier
The first step is to create a new Australia Post carrier in ShipperHQ.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “Australia Post”)
- Select “Small Package” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “Australia Post” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
Register for Australia Post Carrier
- Go to the Australia Post Developer Centre, create an account and register for the Shipping and Tracking APIs.
- Once you receive an API invitation email, you will be required to accept the invitation, including the Terms and Conditions.
- Log into the Developer Centre
- Create a new project, choose your charge account and assign it to the project. This will allow you to create API keys and will automatically link to your Australia Post Account.
- Create an API key on the API Access page and then go to the services page to enable the services you want to use.
Add Credentials to ShipperHQ
You have already created the Australia Post carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Go to Carriers page and edit the Australia Post carrier
- In the Account settings section you will need to add your credentials
- Enter the Account number (provided by Australia Post) and API key (also provided by Australia Post).
- Make sure you check the Validate Credentials against Carrier option