One common scenario in shipping is where you handle one group of customers differently from another group. For example, you might have a group of very loyal customers that always get free shipping while the rest of your customers don’t. Or, you might sell to both wholesale and retail customers and offer free shipping for your wholesale customers.
No matter your scenario, you can use ShipperHQ’s Customer Group support to set up free shipping for a specific group of customers.
- You’ll need at least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ
- You’ll need to have Customer Groups enabled and set up in ShipperHQ
- You’ll need to make sure that the customers that should receive Free Shipping are assigned to the correct Customer Group in your eCommerce platform
- We’ll be using a Carrier Rule to set this up so click on Carrier Rules in the left-hand navbar in your ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click the Add New + button to add a new Carrier Rule
- In the Overview panel, enter a Name for your Carrier Rule. Something like “Free UPS Ground for Wholesale Customers”
- Under Applicable Shipping Methods, select the method (or methods if you’re offering multiple free options) that you want to be free when this rule applies
- Under Conditions, select the Customer Group that should receive free shipping in the Applicable Customer Groups field. If any other restrictions apply (for example, this promotion only applies to shipments to the US 48 Zone or to specific Shipping Groups this is where you would set up these restrictions)
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods” and Adapt Shipping Rates to “Set Rates”. Then, under Set/Modify Shipping Rate enter “0.00” as the Shipping Rate.
Now, when a customer that has been assigned to this Customer group in your eCommerce platform places an order, they’ll see free shipping for the shipping method you selected.