This article will walk you through creating a flat rate carrier to give a flat defined rate as an option for customers to select on the front end. You would use this carrier in a scenario where you only want one flat rate to show no matter how heavy an item is or how many of this item you have in the cart.
- In ShipperHQ under the Carriers tab, Click “Add New” to create a carrier.
- Validate that Carrier Type is set to “Custom Carrier”
- For the “Carrier” dropdown, select “Flat”
- Name your carrier to any desired name which you can change as needed at any time.
- Once you are on the Carrier Overview page, make sure you have selected an “Attached Origin” and given an appropriate Carrier Title that will be displayed on the front end.
- In the Shipping Rates tab is where you will set your Flat Rate Shipping amount like $5.95 for example.
*Note: you can set this to apply per order, item or package.
If you are looking for other options like setting up a Shipping option where you can modify a flat rate based off of weight, price, or quantity then you will need to use the Custom Defined Carrier article and create a Custom Carrier to do this. If you are trying to get live rates with a specific carrier like FedEx or UPS or USPS then you can follow the documentation there to set up live rate carriers.