Let’s say you have some items that you charge a flat rate of $5.95 “Standard” shipping, no matter how many are in the cart and $7.95 “Standard” shipping for another set of items. But if they are in the cart together then they should use live UPS rates. How do you set this up in ShipperHQ?
- Set up a User Defined Carrier set to “Custom Defined”. In “Shipping Methods” create a method named “Standard” and configure the other options for your flat method.
- Set up a UPS Small Package Carrier. Select all shipping methods you wish to show and the countries you wish UPS to be valid for.
Two shipping groups will be used for this configuration. “FLAT5” will be used for the products that receive the $5.95 flat rate and “FLAT7” will be used for the products that receive the $7.95 flat rate.
- Create a Carrier Rule “Flat Rate $5.95 on FLAT5 items”
- Select Standard as the applicable shipping method
- Denote that the rule must include the “FLAT5” shipping group but exclude the “FLAT7” shipping group.
- Specify any zones you wish this to apply to (if required), e.g you may just want for US48
- In actions set the price to be $5.95.
- Create a Carrier Rule “Flat Rate $7.95 on FLAT7 items” and follow the above steps, swapping the included/excluded groups and shipping price.
- Create a Carrier Rule “Live Rates on mixed cart items”
- Select the applicable methods under the UPS carrier.
- Denote that the rule can include one or more of the “FLAT5” and “FLAT7” shipping groups.
- Specify any zones you wish this to apply to (if required).
- Sync your shipping groups, then you will see FLAT in the shipping tab
- Add the shipping group FLAT to any items you wish to ship flat rate
When items assigned to the FLAT5 shipping group are in the cart alone $5.95 will show with “Standard” as the shipping method.
When items assigned to the FLAT7 shipping group are in the cart alone $7.95 will show with “Standard as the shipping method.
When items are in the cart from both shipping groups UPS methods will be displayed but “Standard” will not.
You can optionally have flat rates surcharge UPS rates by changing the rule to surcharge rates.