This is a guide on how to set up, and define boxes, pallets in ShipperHQ. These First, you must make sure that you have Dimensional Shipping enabled. With Dimensional Shipping enabled, ShipperHQ will take the order and pack the items volumetrically into boxes defined. Thus, giving your customers the most accurate shipping rates. The steps below will teach you how to define a box.
Once Dimensional Shipping is enabled, you’ll see ‘Box Definitions’ in the bottom left corner. This is where can define your boxes either individually or via CSV table import. To do a box individually, you will go to Box Definitions along the left column–>Add New.
- In the Overview, this is where you will name the Box. That information will be passed back as the Box Identifier so make sure to name it accordingly.
- There is also a Spot for the Carriers. This is where you can designate what Carriers belong to which boxes.Generally, customers will select all but in some cases you won’t. For example, USPS Flat Rate boxes are only served by USPS. So you’d want to only select the USPS Carrier there.
- The Assign this Box to all Products check box, if checked it means this box is available to all products. Meaning, ShipperHQ can potentially pack any item into this. If that is not the case, leave this unchecked so it can be used in a Dimensional Rule.
- NB: When “Assign this box to all products” is selected the box will not be displayed in the Magento possible shipping boxes attribute as the box will be treated as being assigned to all products. Deselecting the option will display that box in the possible shipping boxes attribute as normal.
- Under Dimensions panel, this is where you’ll specify the dimensions of the box. There are four USPS Flat Rate Boxes, and the Custom is used for any non-preset boxes. Here is where you will outline the Length, Width and Height of the box.
- You can also set a Max quantity a box can hold. This is used if you only want to put a certain amount of items in a specific box. If this does not matter, make sure ‘No Max Qty’ is checked
- You can also set a Max weight a box can hold. This is used if you only want to put a certain amount of weight in a specific box. If this does not matter, make sure ‘No Max Qty’ is checked
- This is where you can set a Packing Weight to a specific box. This can account for packing materials such as extra cardboard, dry ice, or bubble wrap.
- You can also set a Per Box Surcharge. This would be to cover the cost if the box is more expensive for certain products.
- There is also a check to set as the Master Pre-Packed Box. The Master Packing boxes are ONLY supported on Magento, we hope to expand to other platforms soon.
Entering Boxes via CSV
To enter via CSV Import, you should first do a CSV Export to get a blank CSV file. You will then enter the information for each individual box per line, with the same information from above. You can find an example Box CSV below.
You can find more information about the options available in our Dimensional Rules category.