Steps on how to set product attributes for the WooCommerce platform after you have installed ShipperHQ.
Examples of Product Attributes:
- Attaching a Shipping Group to your product
- Attaching a Dimensional Rule to your product
- Origin the product is attached to
Here’s how to set each of these:
What you’ll want to do is open up your WordPress Dashboard, and on the side you’ll notice WooCommerce and located right under it, Products. Click on the Products tab and you will see this setup:
If you notice on the bottom left, you’ll have quite a few tabs such as General, Shipping, and most importantly ShipperHQ.
- From within the General tab you can set prices of items
- From within the Shipping tab you can set the weight of the product as well as dimensions
- From within the ShipperHQ tab you can attach the Shipping Group(s) and Dimensional Rules, Origins, etc.. (It is very important that these attributes match exactly the way they are written within ShipperHQ).
For Attaching to Variants within Variable Products:
- Select the Variants tab under the product data
- Once you display all of the different types ( Variant #1, Variant #2,….) click on the one which you would like to attach a group/rule/origin too
- Once you click on the item you will see a list of attributes to fill in kind of like on the simple product page
- Carefully fill in whatever attribute you are trying to attach, as it is CASE SENSITIVE
You now have all the steps in place to use Carrier Rules, Dimensional rules and any other features set up within your ShipperHQ account.